|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 mins||1 hour||1 hour 10 mins|
The only gluten free banana bread recipe you’ll ever need. One bowl, simple ingredients, so moist, hearty and delicious.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free Optional
- 3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (or sub 1 chia or flax egg see notes)
- 3 Tbsp grape seed or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar<
- 2-3 Tbsp honey, depending on ripeness of bananas
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond or dairy milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Last add almond meal, gluten free flour blend and oats and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
- Serve with butter and honey or as is. Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
GOOD NEWS! Several people have tried this recipe vegan-ized by swapping the egg for 1 chia or flax egg and have reported that it works well! To do so, just combine 1 Tbsp chia seed or flaxseed meal with 2.5 Tbsp water, mix and let set for 5 minutes to activate. Then add to the recipe when I note to add the egg.
As seen from minimalistbaker.com.