Old Fashioned Oats
|Water*||1 cup||1 3/4 cups||2 1/2 cups||1 cup|
|Salt (optional)||dash||1/8 teaspoon||1/8 teaspoon||dash|
|Oats||1/2 cup||1 cup||1 1/2 cups||1/2 cup|
* For thicker oatmeal use less water. For thinner oatmeal use more water.
Stove Top Directions
1. Stir oats into rapidly boiling salted water.
2. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat; stir occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Stir and serve.
1. For 1 serving, combine water, salt and oats in a 2-cup microwaveable bowl.
2. Microwave on high 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir occasionally.
3. Mix well before serving.